The popular messaging app is used around the world by people to connect with not just only friends and family but also businesses. This prompted the company to create a new app to serve the business needs of its users so as to keep personal and business messages separate.
The following features set this app apart from the personal WhatsApp, according to a blog piece from WhatsApp:
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
The blog piece went on to say that users can continue using WhatsApp as usual without downloading anything new. “People will continue to have full control over the messages they receive, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam.”
The WhatsApp Business app is free on the Google Play Store for small businesses. It is currently available for download in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the U.K. and the U.S. and will roll out around the world in the coming weeks.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 PLUS
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is a beautifully crafted smartphone with nearly no bezel, curvaceous in design and reflects a…
How to: Connect to Exchange Online Using Multi-Factor Authentication
Using PowerShell to manage your Microsoft cloud services like Exchange Online and using multi-factor authentication (MFA) separately is awesome. Using…