The company said its vRealize Suite 7 features new releases of vRealize Operations, vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Automation 7 and vRealize Business for Cloud 7.
All VMware vRealize Suite editions are hybrid in nature.
The updates, packaging enhancements, and new pricing are meant to address most common use cases that organizations encounter when they transition to cloud services or evolve existing cloud strategies, according to Ajay Singh, senior vice president and general manager, Management Suites Business Unit, VMware.
The vRealize Suite provides customers the ability to provision and manage at scale — compute, storage, network and application services across hybrid cloud environments.
The platform’s comprehensive management capabilities for the software-defined data centre help customers to address three common use cases based on thousands of customer engagements:
- Intelligent Operations Management: Enables IT teams to proactively address health, performance and capacity management of IT services across heterogeneous and hybrid cloud environments in order to improve IT service performance and availability.
- Automated IT to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Enables IT teams to automate the delivery and ongoing management of IT infrastructure in order to reduce the time it takes to respond to requests for IT resources by providing self-service access to those resources by IT and business users.
- DevOps-ready IT: Enables IT teams to build a cloud for development teams that can deliver a complete application stack; support developer choice in the form of both API and GUI access to resources; and provision resources across a hybrid cloud. IT can further extend the solution scope by addressing continuous delivery with VMware vRealize Code Stream to further speed up application delivery.
“VMware vRealize Suite 7 is designed to meet our customers’ strict requirements for day-one service provisioning and day-two operations of applications and infrastructure across multiple private and public cloud environments,” said Singh.
The suite combines VMware’s cloud automation, cloud operations, and cloud business management solutions into an integrated platform that enables IT to deliver unified services at the speed of business, but with the control and cost efficiency that IT requires.
vRealize Suite 7 features new and currently available product releases:
- (New) vRealize Operations 6.2 builds upon the intelligent workload placement capabilities originally introduced in Q3 2015 to help customers save time while enabling enhanced application and infrastructure performance. VMware vRealize Operations 6.2 will introduce new intelligent workload placement capabilities including tight integration with VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- (New) vRealize Log Insight 3.3 will introduce a number of backend and operational enhancements. This release introduces Simple Query API for easy integration into existing processes and Web Hooks support for third-party application integration.
- vRealize Automation 7 offers unified service blueprint capabilities that simplify and accelerate the delivery of integrated multi-tier applications with application-centric networking and security across clouds.
- vRealize Business for Cloud 7 (formerly vRealize Business Standard Edition) increases transparency and control over the costs and quality of IT services on-premises or in the public cloud.
The new Standard Edition of the vRealize Suite includes management analytics that addresses health, performance and capacity management across all infrastructure domains of a heterogeneous, hybrid cloud. It also includes log analysis capabilities
VMware today also introduced the Portable Licensing Unit (PLU) to offer vRealize Suite customers the flexibility to manage workloads regardless if they run on vSphere, third-party hypervisors, physical servers or on supported public clouds such as vCloud Air, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, all without licensing switching or conversion.
vRealize Operations 6.2 is now available. VMware vRealize Suite 7 and VMware vRealize Log Insight 3.3 are expected to become available in Q1 2016. V
vRealize Suite 7 will be made available in three editions: Standard (US$3,745 per Portable Licensing Unit or PLU), Advanced ($6,245 per PLU) and Enterprise ($7,745 per PLU).
SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 PLUS
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is a beautifully crafted smartphone with nearly no bezel, curvaceous in design and reflects a…
How to: Connect to Exchange Online Using Multi-Factor Authentication
Using PowerShell to manage your Microsoft cloud services like Exchange Online and using multi-factor authentication (MFA) separately is awesome. Using…