TikTok publishes Community Guidelines Enforcement report for first quarter of 2021
Recently, TikTok released its Q1 2021 Community Guidelines Enforcement Report to show how it is trying to moderate content to keep TikTok a safe and welcoming place for the community. TikTok has been publishing its Transparency Reports since 2019 with insights about the enforcement of Community Guidelines to be released quarterly, while information on legal requests will continue to be published twice a year.
Here are some of the key insights from the report:
- 61,951,327 videos were removed for violating our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service, which is less than 1 per cent of all videos uploaded on TikTok.
- 82 per cent of these videos were removed before they received any views, 91 per cent before any user reports, and 93 per cent within 24 hours of being posted.
- 1,921,900 ads were rejected for violating advertising policies and guidelines.
- 11,149,514 accounts were removed for violating our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service, of which 7,263,952 were removed from the full TikTok experience for potentially belonging to a person under the age of 13. This is less than 1 per cent of all accounts on TikTok.
- 71,470,161 accounts were blocked from being created through automated means.
The brand is able to expand its information with each report to be able to help the industry be more transparent and accountable when it comes to user safety. TikTok also highlighted more visibility to protect minors as they have added the number of accounts removed from the full TikTok experience for potentially being used by an underage person. This is also connected to their previous work to strengthen default privacy settings for a lot of teenagers, offering various tools to strengthen parents and families, and limit features such as direct messaging and livestreaming for ages 16 and over.
TikTok has also plans to publish the data on their online transparency center which they are working hard to revamp to ensure TikTok will be a home for transparency reporting and other information about their efforts to protect the safety and integrity of the channel.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 PLUS
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is a beautifully crafted smartphone with nearly no bezel, curvaceous in design and reflects a…
How to: Connect to Exchange Online Using Multi-Factor Authentication
Using PowerShell to manage your Microsoft cloud services like Exchange Online and using multi-factor authentication (MFA) separately is awesome. Using…