Intuitive scanning at your fingertips with a large colour touch screen, customizable profile icons match personal scanning preferences
Fujitsu Canada, Inc. today announced, the ScanSnap iX1500, a new flagship colour duplex model, joining the Fujitsu ScanSnap Series of document scanners.
The core appeal of the ScanSnap Series is in its ability to effortlessly convert most office documents into PDF’s, searchable PDF’s, Word and Excel documents, and more. ScanSnap is an essential productivity tool for knowledge workers whether they are scanning to their desktop, a network folder or to a Cloud service.
New 4.3-inch touchscreen
iX1500 users can complete end-to-end processes with just “one touch” of the newlarge, 4.3-inch colour touch screen. Basic tasks such as setup and Wi-Fi configuration, checking scanning statuses and choosing save-to destinations are easy, even for first-time users with the touch screen’s use of simple visual icons.
“The addition of a new touch screen on the iX1500 takes the user experience to a new level,” said Steve Oblin, senior marketing manager of Fujitsu’s Imaging Group. “With an enhanced user interface, setup can be completed and executed intuitively at the user’s fingertips.”
Up to 30 pre-configured profiles can be made, optimized for each user’s workflow. Default profile icons come preset “out of the box,” representing popular functions such as sharing documents, managing business trip expenses, and sending attachments with email, to name but a few.
A single unit can also be shared among multiple*1 users in an office, and identified by different icon colours, saving information to specific destinations based on individual user preference.
Connect to popular cloud services with ScanSnap Cloud
The iX1500 features ScanSnap Cloud, which connects to your favourite cloud service – without needing a computer or mobile device – to manage your documents, receipts, business cards, and photos. You can create pre-configured shortcuts right on the touch screen to send scans to a specific cloud service, or use ScanSnap Cloud’s intelligent sorting feature to deliver scans to the correct cloud service automatically. Supported cloud services include Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Expensify, Google Drive, Google Photos, Hubdoc, LedgerDocs, OneDrive, Rocket Matter, SecureDocs, shoeboxed.com and TALK.
Introducing the all-new ScanSnap Home software
Users can now easily manage, edit, and utilize various types of scanned paper with the ScanSnap Home interface*2. By combining powerful ScanSnap functions into a single application, the software enables you to organize documents, business cards, receipts, and photos.
- Advanced software for total document management ScanSnap Home offers excellent functions to organize and search through your data using folders, tags, and keywords. You can now identify the digital information you need more quickly and easily than before – freeing up more time on productive tasks and serving your customers.
Additionally, business users will appreciate the ability to utilize the built-in Optical Character Recognition (OCR) functionality, allowing you to create searchable PDFs, or convert your scanned documents into editable Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files.
- The iX1500 learns and optimizes performance as you scan The iX1500 automatically names and suggests titles for your scanned files based on content and preset naming conventions. Suggestion accuracy is improved the more titles are repeatedly edited, allowing users to avoid spending time on repetitive corrections. Edits made to company names attributed to scanned business cards, are reflected on successive scans with the same attributed company.
ScanSnap iX1500 key features
- Automatic detection of page size, colour, blank pages, and page orientation
- Scans 30 sheets per minute in colour-duplex mode; large 50-page hopper capacity
- Easily scans long receipts that tend to curl, with the included Receipt Guide
- Scans unconventional documents*3 with Manual Scan
- Cleans streaked images without the need for rescanning with Streak Reduction
- Notifies users of dust that may interfere with scanning via Dust Detection
- Offers built-in Wi-Fi with Direct Connect Mode to a laptop or mobile device
- Supports 2.4- and 5-GHz Wi-Fi*4
List price and release date
The ScanSnap iX1500 is available through authorized resellers and VARs including Amazon, ATS Systems and others. Suggested List Price for the ScanSnap iX1500 scanner is $665 CAD. Reseller prices may vary. Product is now shipping.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 140,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Canada, Inc.
Fujitsu Canada, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs.
For more information about Fujitsu document imaging, visit: http://www.fujitsu.com/ca/en/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/scansnap/
- ScanSnap iX1500 comes with 4 ScanSnap Home user licenses and 1 Nuance user license.
- Users can import data from existing ScanSnap software to ScanSnap Home with the iX500, iX100, S1300i, S1100i and SV600.
- Envelopes, plastic cards, folded A3 documents, and documents with sticky notes.
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi is not available with Direct Connect Mode.
Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. All trade names are the property of their respective owners. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Canada, Inc. reserves the right to modify, at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
B2B Marketing Insights
Tel: (416) 605-6881
Author: Johnathan Mansour
SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 PLUS
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is a beautifully crafted smartphone with nearly no bezel, curvaceous in design and reflects a…