The company announced an expansion to its industry-leading midrange storage portfolio with two new SC All-Flash data storage models, along with key software updates to Dell EMC Unity designed to boost efficiency and cost savings for mixed block and file workloads.
There’s also a free “future-proof” Storage Loyalty Program, which offers customers perks such as all-inclusive software, hardware investment protection and one free year of Virtustream Storage Cloud.
“To help our customers with data center modernization, we’re delivering innovative features and performance in the new SC All-Flash and also boosting the efficiency and utility of Dell EMC Unity in the latest Unity OS software update,” said Jeff Boudreau, president, storage platforms, Dell EMC. “We’re also redefining what it means to buy from Dell EMC and our partners with the new Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program, offering multiple benefits such as all-inclusive software, hardware investment protection and a 3-year money-back guarantee that is the longest and strongest amongst our competitors.”
Optimized for All-Flash, the new Dell EMC SC All-Flash storage arrays offer premium performance and enterprise-ready features designed to help customers modernize their data centers to gain more speed, efficiency and cost-savings from existing applications, while opening up possibilities for the business to support new flash-enabled use cases and workloads.
SC All-Flash comes in two, 3U models, the Dell EMC SC5020F and SC7020F, featuring dual active/active controllers with 8-core Intel Xeon processors, up to 256GB memory and multiprotocol support for 10GB iSCSI and 16/32GB FC network connections.
The products also feature:
· All-Flash performance – Up to 400,000 IOPS per array and 4 million aggregate IOPS per multi-array federated cluster.
· Federated data mobility, scale, and protection – Ships ready to link into federated multi-array clusters for easy, non-disruptive workload migration and load balancing; includes an auto-failover feature for built-in business continuity.
· Self-optimizing efficiency – Intelligent data deduplication and compression, RAID tiering and pervasive thin provisioning help make cost savings automatic.
· All-inclusive software – Every advanced SC Series feature is included with no extra software licenses to purchase or maintain.
· CloudIQ intelligent, predictive analytics – Available in Q1, SC All-Flash arrays will include full access to CloudIQ, a no-cost, and zero-footprint cloud-based storage analytics application that leverages machine learning capabilities to identify system and performance anomalies before they impact the business.
Designed for simplicity, All-Flash performance and unified SAN-NAS environments, Dell EMC Unity customers will have access to a no-cost update to v4.3 of the Unity OS, that adds deduplication to lower costs, along with new technologies to facilitate non-disruptive system upgrades and enable file synchronization.
The new Dell EMC Unity v4.3 OS offers:
· Estimated 3x data reduction for virtualized environments
· Unifies data reductions for both file and block workloads
· Synchronous file replication helps ensure zero data loss business continuity
· New capability enables non-disruptive, data-in-place storage controller upgrades
The new Dell EMC Future-Proof Storage Loyalty program is designed to provide customers with no-risk guarantees and value through the lifetime of their applications.
The Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program includes:
· 3-Year Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee – Dell EMC products will perform as advertised or customers get their money back.
· 4:1 All-Flash Storage Efficiency Guarantee – offered without complex pre-assessments and restrictions; follow Dell EMC best practices to ensure 75% reduction in storage capacity.
· Never-worry data migrations – seamlessly upgrade to new Dell EMC storage with built-in data migrations that are always online and non-disruptive.
· Hardware investment protection – get flexible credits toward new Dell EMC systems (storage arrays or hyper-converged infrastructure) or storage controller upgrades.
· All-inclusive software – Dell EMC midrange storage products ship with everything needed to store, manage and protect data with no extra licenses to purchase or maintain.
· Built-in Virtustream Storage Cloud – customers can automatically tier files and snapshots to the cloud at no cost for one year and up to XX TB.
“Whether engaging with current customers or in a highly competitive situation, we made sure these extremely competitive and attractive guarantees and perks are like no other in the industry and are sure to drive interest from customers,” said John Bryne, chief channel officer, Dell EMC.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 PLUS
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is a beautifully crafted smartphone with nearly no bezel, curvaceous in design and reflects a…
How to: Connect to Exchange Online Using Multi-Factor Authentication
Using PowerShell to manage your Microsoft cloud services like Exchange Online and using multi-factor authentication (MFA) separately is awesome. Using…